Processes mortgage and consumer loan applications to closing, following established policies and procedures. Provides quality service to the loan officers and customers of Oostburg State Bank. Responsible for the gathering of background information on loans and completing paperwork. Proficiency in E-Z Lender is a plus. Reports to the AVP, Loan Administrator. This is a full time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional, prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of customer loans. This position is detail oriented with a need for speed and accuracy.
- Reviewing mortgage and consumer loan files received for further processing, such as ordering credit bureaus, requesting property appraisals, requesting a lien and so forth. Reviewing the loan files when the documentation is received to determine if additional information is needed from the customer. May need to contact the customer to obtain the necessary information.
- Responsible for creating the loan files and completing support documents. This includes completing loan worksheets, forwarding the file to the loan officer for review and completing closing documents.
- Responsible for the accurate document preparation, computer input, check handling and general ledger entries.
- Completion of all closing paperwork and filing in the appropriate locations.
- Perform various duties to ensure that the collateral documentation is accurate and the bank is fully secured. This includes recording liens and assignments with the proper state, county and government agencies.
- Verifies proper insurance coverage on collateral used as security.
- Communicating with the loan officers of any deficiencies in the loan file or any exceptions.
- Recommend changes necessary for improved efficiency and service to our customers.
- Maintain familiarity with bank policies and procedures that are pertinent to the job duties to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with all state and federal regulatory requirements including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML)
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.