Come join our Wisconsin Bank & Trust as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
Under general direction, the Mortgage Loan Originator proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
1. Develops and maintains a high degree of visibility in the marketplace, along with developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders and other business referral sources.
2. Attracts new loans through personal sales efforts, community activities and from internal and external bank referrals.
3. Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
4. Works closely and cooperatively with Loan Operations to meet company goals and objectives ensuring teamwork and superior customer service.
5. Assists in development of marketing initiatives to enhance origination efforts.
6. Adheres to HTLF Social Media Policy, including completion of the Social Media Code of Conduct when appropriate.
7. Utilizes training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
8. Analyzes application financial status and credit to determine feasibility for granting of loan.
9. Manages the completion of all required construction loan application documents.
10. Verifies that loan agreements are complete.
11. Adhere to guidelines outlined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
12. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. 1-3 years experience in residential mortgage sales.
3. Demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
4. Verifiable, established network of referral business including Real Estate professionals and other centers of influence.
5. Knowledge of industry products, policies and procedures, underwriting requirements, conventional and governmental loan requirements, operations, and compliance regulations.
6. Informed on market and competitor developments
7. Advanced skills using MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel.
8. Current ability to fund a minimum of $10MM in mortgage loans per year
9. Existing and solid network of Realtor and other referral sources
10. Must have a relationship and business development mentality – and value being part of a TEAM culture.
11. Must satisfy requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act Sec. 19
1. Active National Mortgage Licensing System License or ability to obtain.