Job Title: Criminal Justice Instructor (Full-Time)
Division: Public Safety
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland Campus
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Start Date: July 1, 2017
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction for Criminal Justice program courses to include, but not limited to, unified tactics, field sobriety, mental and physical health, and lecture courses. Coordinate with the other full-time staff members to ensure consistency in all tactical courses. Develop and teach in-service and specialized training courses to district agencies. Attend all required certification renewal training and obtain all instructor certifications necessary to instruct law enforcement certification classes. Under the direction of the criminal justice coordinator, develop new training offerings and new training customers.
Work with law enforcement and state/federal administrative agencies. Maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the College inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or equivalent with two years of successful recent related occupational experience required.
• Must be certified as a Unified Tactical Instructor with the Wisconsin LESB; WI DOJ Instructor ratings in Firearms, Defensive and Arrest Tactics, Emergency Vehicle Operation and Control, Vehicle Contacts, Professional Communication Skills, Tactical Response or ability to obtain these certifications.
• Must have proven success providing instruction at a Police Recruit Academy.
• Participation in new professional staff orientation program required.
• Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred.
• Previous WTCS teaching and certification are desired.
• Corrections and/or Private Security experience desirable
• Experience with WIDS curriculum materials, learning objectives, and individualized self-paced lab environments are highly desired.
• Other instructional certifications preferred; traffic radar, fitness trainer, and pursuit intervention technique.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom and lab instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
**Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Professional Development Wellness/Fitness Center
Holidays Tuition Reimbursement
Beginning: Friday, March 17, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.