Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Instructor (Full-Time)
Division: Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
Reports To: Dean of Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland Campus
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Start Date: July 1, 2017
New Professional Staff Orientation
Day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction in the Maintenance Mechanic and Technician program with an emphasis on meeting the needs of the local workforce in the high demand area of maintenance. Instructional areas include hydraulics and pneumatics, power transmission, bearings, pumps, fluid and air handling, and machine repair. Remain current with the maintenance trends in the industry. Additional duties may include providing instruction to displaced workers, pre-hire employees, and current employees through contract training to include training assignments to business and industry clients with delivery provided both on and off campus.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the College inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Bachelor’s degree or Journeyworker with education or training preparing the individual for the occupational area being taught required and a minimum of four years (8,000 hours) recent related occupational experience as Maintenance Mechanic, Electro-Mechanical Technician or other maintenance related field.
• Comprehensive understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Participation in new professional staff orientation program required.
• Two years teaching or training experience beneficial.
• Maintenance Mechanic/Maintenance Technician Journeyworker status beneficial.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom and lab instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
**Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Professional Development Wellness/Fitness Center
Holidays Tuition Reimbursement
Beginning: Friday, March 10, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, March 27, 2017.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.