Are you ready to take a whole life into your hands and help patients get back on their own two feet? The right person will not take no for an answer when it comes to our patient's comfort, happiness and well-being. Ideal Social Worker Bachelors Level candidates should also have:
To assist in the identification of and to provide for each resident's social, emotional and psychological needs, and the continuing development of the resident's full potential during his/her stay at the facility and to assist in the planning for discharge.
Essential Job Functions
- Upon placement, orient the resident to the long-term/sub-acute care environment and assist with facility adjustment. Develop a social history, social assessment and care plan which identifies pertinent problems and needs, realistic goals to be accomplished and the specific action to be taken in resolution of the problems and/or needs upon admission of each new resident.Document progress notes which relate to each resident's care plan when necess-ary and within policy time-frames. Implement staff approaches that address problems, needs or concerns and periodically review. Evaluate the effectiveness of the staff approaches; evaluate changes in the mental and psycho-social assessment. Revise the resident's plan of care according to needs. Actively participate in interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings Assess each resident's potential for discharge. Assist the resident and family in discharge and placement planning.
- Organize family groups to promote communications, education and support between family members, facility staff and administration, and provide counseling as needed. Assist in the education of the community regarding aging, rights of residents, facility services and other related topics.
- Attend and participate in orientation, training, inservices education activities and staff meetings.
- Understand, comply with and promote all rules regarding residents' rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include a professional appearance and attitude. Inform residents and families of their rights and responsibilities. Act as the residents' advocate.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Currently licensed Social Worker per requirements in state of practice
- Minimum two (2) years social work experience in a health care delivery system preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
Job: Social Services
Primary Location: Wisconsin, Sheboygan
Department Address: 3129 Michigan Avenue*
Please apply online at: