We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience as an MDS Coordinator / RN Assessment Coordinator and are committed to help our patients and facilities receive the support they need.
Responsible for completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy and procedures. Acts as in-house case manager by considering all aspects of the resident's care and coordinating services with physicians, families, third party payers and facility staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Accurate and thorough completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), Care Area Assessments (CAA's) and Care Plans, in accordance with current federal and state regulations and guidelines that govern the process
- Acts as an in-house Case Manager demonstrating detailed knowledge of residents health status, critical thinking skills to develop an appropriate care pathway and timely communication of needed information to the resident, family, other health care professionals and third party payers
- Proactively communicates with ED and DNS to identify regulatory risk, effectiveness of Living Center Systems that allow capture of resources provided on the MDS, clinical trends that impacts resident care, and any additional information that has an affect on the clinical and operational outcomes of the Living Center
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and collaborates with therapy staff to select the correct reason for assessment and Assessment Reference Date (ARD). Captures the RUG score which reflects the care and services provided
- Demonstrates an understanding of MDS requirements related to varied payers including Medicare, Managed Care and Medicaid
- Ensures timely electronic submission of all Minimum Data Sets to the state data base. Reviews state validation reports and ensures that appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Facilitates the Care Management Process engaging the resident, IDT and family in timely identification and resolution of barriers to discharge resulting in optimal resident outcomes and safe transition to the next care setting
- Directly educates or provides company resources to the IDT members to ensure they are knowledgeable of the RAI process. Provides an overview of the RNAC role to new employees that are involved with the RAI process. Teach and train new or updated RAI or company processes to interdisciplinary team (IDT) members as needed
- Analyzes QI/QM data in conjunction with the Director of Nursing Services to identify trends on a monthly basis
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of Triple Check
- Serves on, participates in, and attends various other committees of the Living Center (e.g., Quality Assessment and Assurance) as required, and as directed by their supervisor
- Registered Nurse with current, active license in state of practice
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a health care setting
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long term care setting
- Prior experience as an MDS coordinator with demonstrated expertise
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Department Address: 3129 Michigan Avenue Sheboygan, WI 53081
Ready to bring your heart and expertise to an award-winning team that feels more like a family? Bring your passion for patient care to Golden LivingCenters. As one of the nation's leading providers of skilled nursing care and inpatient and outpatient therapies, we are dedicated to helping people live fuller, longer and more productive lives. Our Golden LivingCenters have won more AHCA/NCAL Quality Awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider. These awards are the nation's highest for distinguished achievement in post-acute care, and they reflect the compassion, commitment and quality orientation of our caregivers. Join us! Together, we're redefining the way care is delivered with an innovative, holistic approach that considers the `whole patient' every time.