Job Title: System Administrator (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Staff ~ Range begins at $25.93 per hour
Reports To: Information Technology Director
Location: LTC Cleveland Campus
Employment & Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the College’s Infrastructure System Services. Perform the work required by a System Administrator as listed below. Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers. Must perform tasks without direct supervision. Other duties as assigned.
• Install and maintain physical and virtual servers, system software, and software applications.
• Administer VMWare System.
• Follow policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
• Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
• Work closely with student services and programming to ensure that the SQR’s are running correctly to populate the organization’s user base.
• Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
• Communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
• Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
• Install, test & coordinate software upgrades.
• Collect and analyze server utilization and security information.
• Work with various hardware/software vendors to troubleshoot server issues.
• Collaborate with team leadership for the College’s Infrastructure systems and technologies, ensuring standardization and integration of systems.
• Keep abreast of emerging Infrastructure/Systems technologies and trends and identify opportunities to leverage them to drive innovation and ensure security.
• Manage daily and yearly infrastructure system projects as assigned.
• Contribute to the college-wide Infrastructure system operation and strategic planning.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• Associate’s degree in a related technical area with a minimum of three to five years’ managing systems and applications is required.
• Use of system monitoring software to manage system performance.
• Working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016 network operating systems.
• Experience managing Active Directory.
• Must be familiar with HP ProLiant hardware for servers.
• Ability to install, troubleshoot and remove components of network operating systems.
• Possess the ability to administer Google and/or Office 365 cloud based email systems.
• Understanding of spam filters and applications appliances.
• Ability to update and maintain Palo Alto firewalls as well as any hardware changes.
• Preferred candidates will have applicable Microsoft and VMWare certifications. (For example: MCSA, VCP)
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Vacation On-Site Child Care Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Friday, February 24, 2017
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.