Reports To: Executive Director – Member of Leadership Team
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
Plans and executes all membership development activities of the Chamber including membership campaigns, sales and retention efforts, as well as sales and servicing of all sponsorships and advertising programs. Works closely with Marketing & Program Director and Workforce Development Director to ensure programs add value to membership and to market membership effectively to members and prospective members. Works with Chamber Ambassadors, Events Manager and Member Services Assistant to develop processes for the enrollment, engagement and retention of members. Works in a consultative style with member-clients to ensure their sponsorship or advertising investments are good for their organization. This position is the primary revenue-producing position in the organization.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, sales, communication, business or related field
- 2 Years of experience in Chamber or related field
- Fund development or other sales experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess a strong ability to reason quickly and shift attention to priority situations as necessary: must be able to reason and interact with other staff members and members to assist in timely problem solution process.
Essential/Primary Job Duties:
- Develop talent and manage/monitor support services of all staff positions that support Community Relations work.
- Develop strategies to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Recruit new members
- Retain existing members
- Create and develop sponsorship opportunities
- Execute advertising sales
- Develop touch-point communications from point of joining through future renewals; oversee the invoicing and collection process
- Identify and implement non-dues revenue programs
- Evaluate the dues structure regularly
- Conduct new member’s orientation at least quarterly
- Enter and maintain current member data
- Survey members periodically
- Engage Chamber staff in structured program of member interaction
- Plan, oversee and facilitate the Chamber Ambassadors committee
- Annual Membership Campaign
- New Member Meet & Greet events
- Goodwill Calls
- Monthly Meetings
- Ribbon cuttings
- Business After Hours
- Ground breakings
- Golf Tournament
- Organize and conduct other business networking events.
Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Work with other Chamber staff as a team player.
Actively represent the Chamber in the greater community.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule
- May be required to stand or walk for extended periods
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
Compensation: Depends on Experience. Generous salary and commission package. Benefits include 65%$ paid health and dental insurance, 401k contribution (currently 6%), generous vacation and sick days, career development opportunities, life insurance and bonus potential. Proven potential to double your salary.
The Sheboygan County Chamber offers a flexible, high energy workplace that is highly responsive to the needs of our members and the business community as a whole. We are an entrepreneurial organization that values positivity, diversity of opinion and visionary thinking. We work hard, respect each other and we make career development a priority. We all roll up our sleeves as necessary to meet our shared goals and have fun in the process.