A successful candidate for this position must:
- Possess previous coaching experience, with head coaching experience preferred.
- Be a certified teacher or will have passed or will take a coaching education class.
- Be CPR, AED, and First Aid certified or willing to get certified.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Demonstrate a visible commitment to student athletes, community, and instructional leadership while promoting positive character and school spirit
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of the student athlete physically, mentally, and as a leader
- Have innovative ideas in and out of season (in compliance with WIAA regulations) regarding the basketball program, basketball staff development, strength training, and fundraising
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other coaches, students, teachers, parents, and administrators
- Demonstrate high energy and enthusiasm
- Exhibit strong organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Support and incorporate South High School’s mission, core beliefs, and “The Redwing Way” initiatives into the basketball program
- Demonstrate attention to the communication of details in and out of season
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions in the best interest of students and how each student can feel like they are valued
- Be an ambassador for our basketball program, our school, and our District.