Job Title: Accountant II (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt – $16.66 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Business Office Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday; 7:30am-3:45pm
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
This position is responsible and accountable for the accounts receivable and billing functions. Process invoices and miscellaneous cash receipts. Prepare tax levy information, process payments, and audit purchasing cards and expense vouchers, reconcile activity and resolve problems. Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Process invoices for 38.14 contracts, retiree insurance premiums, monthly recurring invoices and other miscellaneous requests to invoice.
• Process the daily miscellaneous cash/check/credit card payments and run the detail payment reports for vault and AR reconciling.
• Reconcile accounts receivable and billing modules to the general ledger.
• Track and process information for payroll deducted auto maintenance invoices.
• Track laptop and steno equipment rentals and coordinate returns. Provide student billing with amounts to charge students each term and prepare contracts for orientation.
• Follow-up on overdue accounts and pursuing collection procedures when appropriate.
• Work with customers and staff to resolve errors and problems with invoices as they occur.
• Audit all expense vouchers for appropriate authorization, charges, amounts, and account numbers. Ensure that LTC guidelines are followed. Resolve issues with staff and managers.
• Train new staff on policies and procedures as they relate to LTC expense reimbursements and purchasing cardholders.
• Responsible for preparing the daily bank deposit for the college and the Foundation.
• Prepare and distribute annual tax levy reports to municipalities and staff.
• Process tax levy payments and reconcile balances with the general ledger.
• Responsible and accountable for monitoring cash activity in student club accounts.
• Responsible for preparing sales tax reports for Wisconsin Department of Revenue and reconciling sales with general ledger.
• Perform all necessary testing for program changes in computerized systems and for all applications of fixes, patches, and upgrades.
• Prepare reports and reconciliation for auditors.
• Responsible for other accounting duties and backup as assigned.
• Associate degree in a related field or equivalent and two to three years of recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word and Excel is required.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills, organizational, prioritization, and follow through skills are essential.
• Other skills include planning, time management; analytical skills and abilities; computer technology skills and abilities; and problem-solving.
• Ability to plan and set goals and follow through to completion and ability to work without direct supervision.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.