Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt –$16.66 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Automotive, and Engineering
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
28 hours per week x 52 weeks (1,456 Annual Hours)
Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Provide administrative and organizational support for Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture and Automotive division offices. Perform tasks accurately and neatly with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality. Act as liaison amongst dean, instructors, vendors, students, staff, and general public. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Assist the Division team leads and division dean with the course program/curriculum process.
• Assist with maintaining course catalog/curriculum for all courses and programs.
• Assist Dean in new employee activities relative to hiring and training of program area responsibility.
• Assist team leads with collaboration efforts with youth apprentices and dual credit and other various LTC program schedules and class requirements.
• Ensure accuracy of class offerings, troubleshoot and resolve conflicts.
• Collaborate with other instructional areas for course offerings and room scheduling.
• Coordinate with other divisions as needed.
• Assist dean in projecting professional staff’s overall assignments.
• Assist instructors with student needs.
• Assist with Advisory meetings including note taking, invitations and food service.
Office Service/Customer Support
Provide administrative and organizational support for division offices including but not limited to:
• Provide all aspects of customer service; serve as a resource by greeting and assisting students, visitors, and staff.
• Assist with Grant administration including tracking grant progress and report preparation.
• Prepare and process letters, forms, spreadsheets, tables, agendas, letters, memos, nametags, and name tents.
• Provide assistance and information regarding all programs in division.
• Provide assistance with class wait lists.
• Communicate with students affected by program and class changes, openings, and cancellations.
• Monitor and proctor exams and online feedback evaluations.
• Take initiative and follow through with communication and projects with little supervision.
• Ensure website accuracy as it pertains to division programs – process requests for changes as needed.
Division Event Planning
• Assist with Skills USA registration and planning.
• Primary contact for division tours and additional activities including coordination of faculty and staffing.
• Prepare Purchase Orders for Current Expenses as well as Capital Equipment.
• Reconcile and troubleshoot Pcard statements and invoices.
• Assist with division travel arrangements ensuring direct billing and invoices is compliant.
• Maintain appropriate supply of office inventory and forms.
• Assist instructors with organizing student club and field trip activities in regard to group transportation, registration, meals, travel expenses, etc.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree plus additional related college credits with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite and PeopleSoft.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. Ability to plan and set goals and follow through to completion.
• Perform job responsibilities without direct supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality and ability to deal with all situations.
• Provide outstanding customer service, high visibility and communications to all customers by promoting a positive image of the college internally and externally.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID with the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated)
Beginning: Monday, April 12, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.