Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt – $21.31 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Vice President of Administration
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
28 hours per week x 52weeks (1,456 annual hours)
Monday – Friday; 8:00am to 2:00pm (Some flexibility on daily start/end times)
Flexible daytime hours based upon needs of the college
Provide support to the Vice President of Administration. Manage both contract administration and the procurement process. Develop and maintain strong working relationship with staff. Perform tasks without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Track and calculate College-wide savings on competitive purchases.
• Calculate and compile annual Board procurement report.
• Manage college-wide procurements including bids, quotes, requests for proposals and information.
• Document procurement process for purchase order requests and maintain records.
• Assist with training new employees on the purchasing process.
• Maintain college vendor list.
• Request and maintain vendor insurance certificates.
• Serve as the college liaison for the Wisconsin Technical College Purchasing Consortium.
• Interpret contract language; review contract language to ensure it meets college needs, including legal and insurance requirements.
• Determine and mitigate college risk through contract review and working with various college departments to determine and address risk mitigation needs in their areas.
• Develop and administer college contracts and agreements with various college departments.
• Maintain contract management system for vendor contracts.
• Serve as the record holder for vendor contracts.
• Manage Bookstore vendor and Food Service vendor communications and relations with employees.
• Communicate with internal stakeholders to monitor vendor contract performance.
• Maintain integrity of confidential internal and external information.
• Support the college’s insurance underwriting process.
• Process student accident insurance.
• Gather and compile information to complete reports.
• Maintain office forms and other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree or equivalent in a legal or business-related program is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of three years recent related occupational experience, including knowledge and experience with procurement and contract review essential. Demonstrated ability to interpret contract language, is highly preferred.
• Project management skills are required.
• Knowledge of the Wisconsin Technical College System and LTC mission, vision, and strategic direction.
• Ability to master software such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Must possess planning skills, problem solving and time management skills, and analytical skills and abilities.
• Must perform tasks without direct supervision, assume responsibility, and maintain positivity and confidentiality.
• Organizational skills, initiative, professional judgement, and decision-making.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
• Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers in a team environment.
• Ability to plan and set goals and follow through to completion.
• Ability to take initiative while remaining open to ideas of others.
• Proven experience in applying continuous improvement practices.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated)
Recruitment Period - APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED - UPDATED
Beginning: Friday, April 16, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.