Job Title: Community Education Specialist (Part-Time)
Salary Expectation: Support Staff – $21.31 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 27 hours per week x 52 weeks (1,404 annual hours)
Monday - Friday
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the development of community education offerings and implement strategies to transition community education participants to credit-bearing coursework. Responsible for development, planning, scheduling, and offering community education for the college. Portray outstanding customer service by promoting a positive image of the college both internally and externally.
• Assist in the development of community education offerings including personal enrichment classes and innovative sites/locations for class delivery.
• Engage with community education course takers.
• Implement strategies to grow enrollments in community education offerings.
• Implement strategies to transition community education participants to credit-bearing coursework.
• Represent LTC at select community events to drive awareness of community education.
• Provide a link of communication between Community Outreach staff, instructors, and divisions.
• Participate in Community Outreach meetings.
• Listen to communities’ needs and bring suggestions to the team as to how LTC can meet those needs.
• Communicate with community members regarding class cancellations, class changes, and drops/swaps.
• Assist in promoting flexible learning options and community outreach classes.
• Assist with preparing and ordering materials for instructors and students.
• Process attendance rosters and course feedback forms.
• Create class completion certificates upon request.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree or equivalent with two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and inter-intra human relation skills essential.
• Function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity in a fast-paced environment and with appropriate protocol.
• Problem resolution and organizational skills essential.
• Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
• Use of specific contract processing software.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying them in a promotional setting.
• Experience promoting a product or service preferred.
• Experience in sales, sales management and/or marketing, ideally in higher education or service industry.
• Demonstrated skills in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Demonstrated ability to display a positive, customer focus with students and groups, and to work effectively in teams.
• Ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated) Flexible Spending Program
Beginning: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, May 18, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’, click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.