Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $18.94 per hour (minimum) (2021-2022 Salary Schedule)
Reports To: Financial Aid Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday-Thursday; 8:15am to 4:30pm | Friday; 7:15am-3:30pm
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for performing specialized work in Financial Aid. Assist in coordination of all district financial aid programs and agency benefits. Provide financial aid advising and recommendations to customers. Analyze, reconcile and resolve issues with financial data for all financial aid programs.
• Advise prospective and enrolled students and parents concerning loans according to state and federal regulations. Advise students regarding resolution of complex individual financial aid problems.
• Assist in college events promoting financial aid and veteran’s benefits by altering work schedule, meeting in groups, giving presentations, and working one-on-one with students
• Assist the financial aid manager with official and unofficial withdrawals. Calculate and provide estimate of financial aid overpayments to students who withdraw from enrollment (detailed computations). Serve as the secondary certifying official.
• Determine eligibility for federal, state, college, and other aid programs in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, guidelines, and other governing criteria.
• Add outside funding sources (i.e., third party contracts) to financial aid award packages; amend existing financial aid awards.
• Determine Satisfactory Academic Progress: Review recipient's academic performance, determine academic progress achieved and communicate results to internal and external customers. Analyze warning/probation/suspension/academic appeals and plans.
• Use advanced Microsoft Excel skills to manipulate data and produce reports to streamline otherwise manual processes used to ensure federal and state compliancy.
• Generate reports and recalculate or adjust awards based upon reports, notifications, Pell recalculation (census) date, and communications receive via various avenues; including but not limited to phone, email, face-to-face contact, student inquiry, interdepartmental notification, and database reports.
• Assess the need, determine, award, and monitor the eligibility of students and award aid according to federal and state rules and institutional policies and procedures.
• Inform and educate students regarding varying types of veteran’s benefits, both federal and state.
• Serve as backup to collaborate with state and local veteran’s benefits-related agencies for the veteran student’s best interest.
• Assist in providing necessary services to maintain LTC’s “Military-Friendly School” status.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and an Associate Degree in Accounting or a related business discipline required (plus additional related college credits) and two to three years recent related occupational experience is required.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge/experience required.
• PeopleSoft experience preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of financial aid regulations, procedures, methods and terminology including grant programs, work-study and veterans preferred.
• Ability to compile and prepare detailed reports.
• Knowledge of data processing for input and retrieval of data and operation of equipment as related to Student Financial Aid.
• Advanced accounting skills and sound math skills.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, June 4, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, June 14, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.