Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $16.83 per hour (minimum) (2021-2022 Salary Schedule)
Reports To: Financial Aid Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 25 hours per week 52 weeks (1,300 annual hours)
Monday – Friday: 8:00am-1:00pm
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the coordination of all district financial aid programs. Assist the college in meeting its vision of quality services and its mission of providing quality and accessible learning for current and prospective customers, which involves interaction and problem resolution with all levels of the organization, customers, and agencies. Promote positive image of LTC, both internally and externally.
• Processing outside funding: Coordinate with various internal departments as well as outside agencies. Complete, process, and notify and of all required paperwork for agencies such as, but not limited to: HEAB, DVR training grants, TAA, tribal funding, alternative loan school certifications, scholarships, etc.
• Processing Student Data Records: Responsible for importing, exporting, and analyzing student data records from the federal government using various software such as, but not limited to, EdConnect, EdExpress, FileZilla, and PeopleSoft.
• Provide back up for federal and state aid: Provide back up of determining awards, amending awards, repayments, and authorization of aid. Provide backup for state grants (TIP, NSL, MRG, TES, AES).
• Reviewing Satisfactory Academic Progress: Review student aid recipients’ academic performance and determine if academic progress is achieved. Communicate results to internal and external customers. Analyze warning/probation/suspension appeals and plans.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent or related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Strong telephone, human relations, problem solving, written and oral communications, customer service, editing, keyboarding, organizational, and speaking skills.
• Ability to understand specific job related terminology.
• Ability to work with continual interruptions.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills. Peoplesoft experience preferred.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated)
Beginning: Friday, June 4, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, June 14, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.