Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $15.00 per hour (minimum)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of Energy and Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 12 hours per week x 48 weeks
Wednesday and Thursday: 1:00pm – 6:30pm
Saturday: 7:00am – 9:00am (Three Saturdays/month)
Provide administrative office support to the Public Safety and Energy division program areas of American Heart Association, Safety and Security, shared Energy Programs, and other programs as assigned. Perform tasks accurately and neatly with minimal supervision. Provide outstanding customer service and maintain confidentiality.
- Assist the division assistants and division dean with course program/ curriculum process
- Ensure accuracy of class offerings, troubleshoot, and resolve conflicts.
- Provide clerical support for Division, which includes word processing of documents, room schedules, calendar meetings and appointments, answer and respond to telephone inquiries, filing, faxing, emailing.
- Proctor tests where needed.
- Coordinate the planning of division recruitment and other special events
- Perform bookkeeping/ accounting duties for revenue generated from American Heart Association certification cards issued for courses provided by LTC’s Community Training Center and prepare and submit financial reports to the Dean.
- Maintain the AHA Community Training Center course files, organize the retention of course outlines, complete registrations, evaluation, and problem resolutions.
- Monitor, create, print, and distribute weekly classroom schedules.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position. (Over…)
Condition(s) of Employment
- Associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent with at least one year recent related occupational experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to plan and set goals, meet deadlines, and function with limited supervision and guidance.
- Provide customer service and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a positive and proactive manner and maintain confidentiality of the college, students, staff and work assignments.
- Prioritize work assignments, manage multiple tasks, detail orientated, work under pressure, adapt quickly to changes in work environment, work independently and in a team environment, process work efficiently and in a timely manner while maintaining high quality work.
- Flexibility; including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
- Keep abreast of and adapt to changes in educational software and technology.
- Initiate and be proactive in contacts with co-workers on work assignments and meet deadlines within the department and with other college departments.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Beginning: Monday, June 28, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID).