Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $18.75 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Dean of Apprenticeship and Economic Development
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college.
Manage the day-to-day activities associated with the coordination of 38.24 seminars and workshops with the Workforce Solutions Division. Identify, develop, promote, implement, evaluate, and coordinate seminars and workshops to meet the needs of area employers and employees. Provide an exceptional customer service experience by promoting a positive image of the college to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with prospective and active participants. Act as the primary point of contact for phone, email, and in person inquiries regarding seminar and workshop offerings, registration, billing, etc. Maintain seminar and workshop participant databases and mailing list.
• Proactively build a yearlong product plan of professional development courses, that include communication processes/marketing strategy and district wide seminar and workshop offerings to meet area professional development and business needs.
• Collaborate with instructional staff to design and develop seminar and workshop curriculum. Review and approve instructional materials. Update curriculum or recommendations to instructional staff.
• Identify best or most appropriate mode of event delivery, utilizing physical space in conjunction with virtual streaming, recording, and post-event on-demand viewing.
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate course approval forms, meeting LTC course requirements and procedures. Schedule professional development events in PeopleSoft, process all schedule changes, alterations to event size and location, and class cancellations.
• Prepare for day of event logistics such as event signage, arrange catering, schedule facility set-up and audio/visual needs, and order printing of materials. Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for instructors and presenters.
• Identify, recommend, and provide support in hiring instructional staff. Orient instructional staff on campus administrative tools, department processes and procedures, and instructional best practices.
• Collaborate with Marketing to coordinate promotional items including developing catalogs, brochures, mailings, web based and social media marketing activities.
• Analyze and evaluate the relevance of existing offerings. Monitor feedback from participants and make adjustments to content areas, topics offered, and instructional staff accordingly. Research and identify new training topics and content areas.
• Manage event budgets including instructor expenses, prepare reports and process invoice payments, budget transfers, and credit card reconciliations.
• Facilitate the resolution of customer inquiries, complaints, or concerns regarding seminars and workshops.
• Work collaboratively with the entire Workforce Solutions team, finance, and all departments of the college.
• Attend training sessions, conferences, trade shows, and other business networking events to cultivate relationships that create partnerships and sponsorships for seminar development and offerings.
• Ensure compliance of College policies and procedures.
• Provide office management responsibilities for the Workforce Solutions Division.
• Collect and compile all training data relating to the Midwest Consortium for Public Safety training, submit monthly reports, and prepare applicable paperwork.
• Associate degree or equivalent plus additional related college credits with two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Customer service, problem-solving, listening, written and oral communication, and speaking skills required.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
• Set goals, plan, organize, implement, monitor, and meet deadlines.
• Develop relationships with all levels of staff and outside entities.
• Demonstrate ability to lead, advise, and listen to resolve issues and concerns, and provide feedback.
• Use organizational skills to schedule, perform tasks, and manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity in a constantly changing environment while still maintaining knowledge base of procedures and administrative systems software.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, human relations, customer service, problem solving, and follow through skills are essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another is required.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Monday, April 19, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, May 3, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.