Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $16.66 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Assistant Registrar
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
7:30am – 5:30pm | Hours will vary based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the coordination, maintenance, processing, and verification of accurate information related to all student records. Assist in the verification and conferral of degrees and serve as a resource for the fair and consistent interpretation and implementation of all policies relative to Student Records (ex: FERPA). Increase service efficiency by improving and streamlining processes and services and utilizing available technology for distribution of information to students and staff. Position requires flexibility in hours worked. Other duties as assigned.
• Process student course audits, drops, adds, and transfers and perform necessary follow-up.
• Collaborate with division/department staff regarding changes to student schedules.
• Process course substitutions, advanced standing, course test-out and credit for prior learning.
• Serve as a resource for the fair and consistent interpretation and implementation of policies relative to Student Records (i.e., Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act-FERPA).
• Process transcript requests, information requests, reports, and surveys for outside agencies as allowed by campus policy.
• Review incoming transcripts and apply guidelines for transfer credit.
• Post transfer credits to student’s record via PeopleSoft.
• Maintain credit transfer database to include college, military, high school/dual credit and credit via articulated agreement.
• Assist in the development of a web-based credit transfer utility for staff and students.
• Communicate and follow up with potential graduates regarding graduation requirements and audit.
• Coordinate, maintain, and verify completion of program requirements of candidates for graduation.
• Work with other Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) schools in carrying out the shared program agreements for tasks related to grade reports/transcripts, information sharing, and graduation.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel are required.
• PeopleSoft software experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge and use of various printers.
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical and respectful manner.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, May 10, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.