alary Expectation: Support Staff – $21.31 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
28 hours per week x 52 weeks (1,456 annual hours)
Monday – Thursday; 7:00am to 2:30pm
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide office management/leadership for the Campus Facilities department. Provide direct support to the Campus Facilities Manager and Director of Facilities and oversee operations in their absence. Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with college staff, vendors, contractors, and the general public. Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities purchase requisitions, request for quotes, and public bids. Prepare and submit documentation for state facilities reporting and monitoring capital projects. Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Coordinate, prepare, and monitor various materials for Capital projects as needed.
• Perform project management tasks for projects to include scheduling rooms for remodeling, compiling list and order material needed for projects, developing quotations, expediting orders, monitoring budgets and communicating to staff.
• Coordinate and prepare materials for Campus Facilities’ disaster recovery/business continuation plan. Monitor progress and coordinate annual updating of the plans and supporting documentation.
• Review and assist in processing “Owner supplied” items as it relates to construction bid documents (doors/hardware, painting plan, flooring plan, furniture, and restroom specifications).
• Coordinate and prepare updates of the multi-year projects with Director of Facilities and upload to college intranet site.
• Department lead for customer service issues, respond to vendor inquiries and follow-up on facilities issues as needed. Ensure follow-up is completed and issues are resolved.
• Assist with monitoring and resolve issues with contracted services (cleaner, shredding service, garbage).
• Primary point of contact for contracted services in the absence of the Director of Facilities.
• Maintain the facilities permanent record system for college’s property, to include building information, updated plans and other permanently retained facilities documentation.
• Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities purchase requisitions.
• Verify purchasing card invoices and reallocate expenditures to appropriate accounts.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with college staff, vendors, contractors, and general public.
• Manage the Campus access control system (door and furniture keys) using the DudeSolutions Inventory Direct program.
• Assist with the Campus keyless access system using dnaFusion program.
• Assist with coordination, preparation and monitoring of the Campus Facilities Operations budget.
• Coordinate, prepare, and monitor the development, implementation, and yearly monitoring/maintenance of the safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and OSHA Administration.
• Provide backup support in the absence of the WarehouseTechnician.
• Assist in the overall Campus Facilities operations and facilities projects.
• Keep Work Order system up-to-date with equipment information, etc.
• Help develop training materials for department staff.
• Maintain utility records and report to state agencies the status of the college’s energy conservation program.
• Create, monitor, and resolve the sale of unused and/or obsolete campus equipment.
• Create, monitor, and resolve issues for all Facilities request for quotes and public bids specific to Campus Facilities.
• Monitor and resolve procurement issues, follow up on overdue orders, missed and incorrect shipments from vendors specific to Campus Facilities.
• Associate degree or equivalent and two or three years of recent related occupational experience required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Knowledge of the Wisconsin Technical College System and LTC mission, vision, and strategic direction.
• Ability to master software such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and various specialized department software preferred.
• Organizational skills, initiative, professional judgement, and decision-making.
• Must perform tasks without direct supervision, assume responsibility, and maintain positivity and confidentiality.
• and ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral. Excellent note taking skills.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and a Motor Vehicle Record Check with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) On-Site Child Care
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wellness/Fitness Center
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA-Prorated)
Beginning: Wednesday, November 11th, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, November 23rd, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.