Part-Time | Limited Term Employment | 100% Grant Funded
Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $18.94 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Academic Support & Tutoring Coordinator
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin- Location may vary based upon need
Employment and Work Schedule: 25 hours per week | Monday - Friday (735 annual hours)
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Provide instructional assistance to students as part of the Academic Support and Tutoring team, with a focus on General Education courses in Math, Communications, Science, and Social Sciences. Collaborate with appropriate staff and faculty to schedule and prepare for study sessions to meet student needs. Reach out to students who are referred for services. Track, report, and communicate student participation.
• Schedule and provide individualized academic support for students which includes development of learning communities (study group facilitation) and referral to LTC Student Services/Resources staff as appropriate to meet student needs.
• Prepare for and lead academic support through individual or group tutoring through both study groups and walk-in/drop-in hours.
• Utilize appropriate technologies to deliver support and to contact and maintain communication with appropriate staff, faculty, and students.
• Follow up on student referrals and motivate students to participate in study sessions or walk-in/drop-in hours to complete coursework successfully.
• Track and report student attendance on a weekly basis.
• Provide assistance to the Academic Support and Tutoring Coordinator by serving as a back-up in making peer tutoring connections.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Maintain an “everybody can succeed” philosophy, and advocate for student needs.
• Coordinate special projects as needed.
• Provide support for grant initiatives as required.
• Monitor, maintain, and oversee the Academic Support Lab resources and computer lab stations in partnership with other academic support specialists.
• Keep Academic Support & Tutoring Coordinator informed of obstacles that impact processes or performance.
• Promote a positive image of LTC both internally and externally.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in an academic area such as Math, Education, Communication, Science, or Social Science preferred.
• Two years of recent relevant work experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Working knowledge in related courses: written and oral communications; positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Beginning: Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.