Job Title: General Education & Pre-College Administrative Assistant (Part-Time | 1,370 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Staff – $14.85 per hour
Reports To: Dean of General Education and Pre-College
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: 26 hours per week x 50 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide office support and customer service for General Education & Pre-College division staff. Provide support with regard to staff schedules and student record activities. Assist in the processing of requisitions, creation of forms and processes, providing for the students’ needs. Communicate and interact with staff, faculty, students, and the general public. Other duties as assigned.
• Enter, maintain, monitor and oversee records for students in GPR and AEFL grants to include, but is not limited to, enrollment, attendance, grades, and other support data for formal and informal reporting.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and lists needed for GPR and AEFL records and reports.
• Assist Dean with objectives of GPR and AEFL grants. Assist with additional recordkeeping for grants.
• Facilitate bookstore adoptions, make-up testing services, workload, and other aspects of division operations.
• Monitor wait lists and class enrollments. Approve students off wait list and notify of class openings. Notify affected students of class cancellation.
• Communicate with students who affected when classes are canceled prior to the start of the semester.
• Promote a positive image of LTC, both internally and externally.
• Provide all aspects of customer service and office support for General Education and Pre-College including projects overseen by the Dean.
• Receive incoming telephone calls and inquiries from staff, students and the public.
• Communicate information, take and relay messages, and schedule appointments. Seek answers to customer concerns.
• Generate and maintain schedules on electronic calendars. Schedule meetings and appointments and prepare agendas for department and division meetings. Retrieve, process, and deliver department mail.
• Assist in processing expense vouchers, food requests, and travel authorizations for all General and Pre-College division sites and staff.
• Responsible for maintaining department and classroom inventory to include acquisition and/or purchasing of supplies, materials, equipment, and services, including LTC-Manitowoc, LTC-Sheboygan, and incarcerated education sites. Maintain office forms, displays, and bulletin boards.
• Contact user support services and assist in resolving technology concerns in the office and various classrooms.
• Create complex documents, tables, memos, letters, reports, announcements, etc. Merge data files for mailings.
• Assist in creating and developing promotional materials, flyers, web information, brochures, and postcards.
• Participate in department meetings and professional growth activities.
• Serve as backup in absence of the Team Leader and the LTC Manitowoc and/or LTC-Sheboygan Office Lead.
• Participate in decisions and service improvements for the division. Represent division on committees as assigned.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related Associate Degree or two year Technical Diploma or equivalent and one and one-half to two years’ recent related occupational experience with an office environment.
• Working knowledge of MS Office to include Word and Excel.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain knowledge base of administrative systems software (PeopleSoft).
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, positive customer service and human relations, self-initiating and assertive, ability to multi-task, organization, prioritization, follow-through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment at peak times of the year.
• Must be able to handle constant interruptions.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Wellness/Fitness Center
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) On-Site Child Care
Paid Leave of Absence (Prorated) Flexible Spending Program
Beginning: Monday, January 7, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=255