Job Title: General Education & Pre-College Administrative Specialist (Part-Time | 1,400 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Staff – $16.66 per hour
Reports To: Dean of General Education and Pre-College
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: 28 hours per week x 50 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
Travel to LTC Sheboygan will be required in this position
Provide administrative support and customer service for General Education and Pre-College division faculty and staff. Provide support with staff scheduling and student record activities. Assist in the processing of requisitions, creation of forms and processes, and providing for the students’ needs. Communicate and interact with staff, faculty, students, and the general public. Other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate and maintain scheduling matrices for ABE/ASE/ELL courses.
• Utilize administrative system software and complete scheduling according to the scheduling process timeline.
• Add all fee overrides to grant classes related to Adult Basic Education courses.
• Schedule classrooms requested for additional needs.
• Assist dean with new adjunct employee activities relative to hiring and training; maintain adjunct faculty listing.
• Prepare payments for instructional and non-instructional activities. Coordinate and monitor Center Staff Payroll.
• Coordinate with other divisions and areas of the college as needed.
• Coordinate instructional materials with the bookstore. Ensure that textbook adoptions are submitted by faculty, contain accurate information, and meet the bookstore timelines. Request desk copies and instructional materials from publishers.
• Prepare, send, track and bill HSED High School contracts.
• Facilitate make-up testing services and proctor classroom testing as needed.
• Notify students of emergency class cancellation via the group notification system.
• Prepare wait list monitoring report and assist with class enrollment activities. Approve students off wait list and notify of class openings.
• Communicate with students regarding class cancellations and assist them in adjusting their classes.
• Serve as The Bridge Content Manager for General Education, LTC-Manitowoc, and LTC-Sheboygan.
• Provide office support for General Education and Pre-College including projects overseen by the Dean.
• Receive incoming telephone calls and inquiries from staff, students, and the public.
• Communicate information, take and relay messages, and schedule appointments.
• Provide all aspects of customer service, including seeking answers to customer problems.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, expense vouchers, purchase requisitions, check requests, food requests, and travel authorizations. Maintain office inventory and forms.
• Responsible for the acquisition of supplies, materials, equipment, and services for the department and classrooms.
• Provide purchasing services for the division, LTC-Manitowoc, and LTC-Sheboygan locations via Purchase Orders and supply purchases online and by phone.
• Contact user support services and assist in resolving technology concerns in the office and various classrooms (printers, copiers, scanners, computers, etc.).
• Schedule meetings and appointments for Dean of General Education & Pre-College, instructors, and other staff in division.
• Generate and maintain schedules on electronic calendars.
• Coordinate visiting organizations.
• Create complex documents, tables, memos, letters, agendas, reports, etc. for department staff. Prepare documents and merge with data files for mailings.
• Participate in department meetings and professional growth activities.
• Provide backup office support and customer service in absence of the General Education & Pre-College Team Lead and in absence of the LTC-Sheboygan Office Lead.
• Participate in decisions and service improvements for the division. Represent division on committees as assigned.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience.
• Working knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain knowledge base of administrative systems software (PeopleSoft).
• Demonstrated organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, human relations, customer service, problem solving and decision-making, and follow through skills are essential.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment at peak times of the year.
• Must be able to handle constant interruption.
• Must work independently with little or no supervision.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Professional Development
Holidays (Prorated) Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Wellness/Fitness Center
Vacation (Prorated) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) On-Site Child Care
Paid Leave of Absence (Prorated) Flexible Spending Program
Beginning: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, November 30, 2018.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=245