Job Title: Grant Finance Specialist - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Full-Time | Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $16.83 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week | Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Grant Finance Specialist is a full-time limited term employment grant funded position responsible for monitoring and tracking all information related to the HEERF grants, student emergency grants award process, and the institutional portion of the grants. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures related to the HEERF awards to ensure compliance with the financial and record-keeping requirements.
• Review HEERF grant guidelines, FAQs, and other guidance published by the Department of Education (DOE) to ensure the college is in compliance.
• Establish and maintain grant tracking reports. Track grant award balance, expenditure approvals, encumbrances and actual spend.
• Reconcile grant award tracking to the general ledger.
• Complete an internal audit of grant expenditure records to ensure all documentation is complete and that the grant procedures were followed.
• Assist grants accountant with preparation and submission of grant claims and grant budget revisions as necessary.
• Work with the grants office and grants accountant to gather information for reporting, review information for accuracy, and document the reporting updates.
Student Emergency Grant Award Process
• Act as lead for the student emergency grant award process team. Assist with determining the criteria for awarding the funds.
• Work with student billing manager on process for awards.
• Review awards for accuracy
• Complete internal audit of award applications, award amounts, student account processing.
• Monitor student approvals for applying awards to an existing account balance.
Grants - Institutional Portion
• Act as lead for the institutional portion of the grant.
• Work with college leadership and management to determine how the grant award will be expended.
• Review purchase orders and invoices for accurate details and accounting string.
• Provide updates on the award balance to leadership.
• Monitor vendors for debarment on the SAM website.
• Assist Student Billing in documenting awards and/or discharges, as needed.
• Associate degree or equivalent in a field related to business, accounting, finance, or related field.
• Two to three years of successful experience in accounting, business or related field.
• Familiarity with state, federal, and private funding sources and general budgeting and fund accounting procedures a plus.
• Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Accounting software experience.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints; self-directed.
• Ability to apply good organizational problem solving skills; attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand funding source guidelines.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with groups to reach practical solutions.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of people and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.