Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $21.53 per hour (minimum)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 20 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday;
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the development of community education offerings and implement strategies to transition community education participants to credit-bearing coursework. Responsible for development, planning, scheduling, and offering community education for the college. Serve as coach and trainer for curriculum development across the college. Ensure curriculum written follows all guidelines and expectations. Portray outstanding customer service by promoting a positive image of the college both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(50%) Community Education Coordination
* Work with the community, deans, and faculty to identify appropriate community education offerings.
* Coordinate internal and external locations to deploy offerings within the community.
* Work with division assistants to ensure courses are available through the registration platform and cataloged for enrollment and attendance within the client management system.
* Engage with community education course takers. Implement strategies to transition community education participants to credit-bearing coursework.
* Develop and implement approaches to grow enrollments in community education offerings.
* Listen to communities’ needs and bring suggestions to the team as to how LTC can meet those needs.
* Communicate with community members regarding class cancellations, class changes, and drops/swaps.
* Assist in promoting flexible learning options and community outreach classes.
* Assist with preparing and ordering materials for instructors and students.
* Process attendance rosters and course feedback forms.
* Create class completion certificates upon request.
* Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
(50%) Curriculum Coach
* Assist in the training of quality curriculum development, using the required aspects both within the curriculum depository (WIDS) and the learning management system.
* Serve on a team of coaches to develop, implement, and revise internal curriculum standards and processes.
* Assist faculty at high and low levels of interaction to ensure consistency and compliance in curriculum development.
* Provide, if needed, side-by-side mentoring to faculty during curriculum-writing projects.
* Assist faculty in navigating the tools and features of WIDS and the learning management system.
* Review submitted curriculum projects for faculty compensation. Guide the faculty to make any adjustments before final submission to the dean for approval.
* Facilitate regularly scheduled curriculum coach meetings.
* Bachelor’s degree in education or related degree and recent related occupational experience required.
* Experience working with culturally diverse populations is preferred.
* Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem-solving skills are essential.
* Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
* Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
* Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
* Ability to communicate and understand non-English speaking people.
* Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
* Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID).
Recruitment Period - Reposted
Beginning: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.