Job Title: Instructional Designer - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Exempt – Annual Salary $60,618 to $62,891
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Senior Flexible Instructional Design Coordinator
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
Full-Time Exempt (52 weeks) | Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Position will be 100% working remote | Preference will be given to Wisconsin residents
Due to changes to the delivery of instruction due to COVID, this position is responsible for assisting academic administrators, faculty, and staff in the development, modification, and monitoring, and improvement of flexible program and course curriculum. The focus is on designing performance based, learning centered instruction, and effectively utilizing instructional technology and alternative instructional strategies.
Flexible Curriculum and Instructional Technology
• Assist in the design, implementation, and coordination of flexible curriculum, outcomes and assessment at the course, program and institutional levels.
• Collaborate with deans and faculty members in research and design of flexible curriculum at the course and program level to support student learning.
• Develop and edit curricular materials with faculty including competency statements, learning objectives, and other relevant documentation.
• Maintain curriculum design and documentation standards.
• Oversee and document the flexible curriculum modification process.
• Support college-wide assessment efforts.
• Develop and promote strategies to use college assessment results to foster improvements in student learning and success.
• Maintain knowledge of high-impact practices in assessment of student learning through participation in appropriate professional development activities, including attending assessment institutes and/or conferences.
• Work with existing data systems and seek to develop new data systems to support academic, administrative, and educational support assessment.
• Assist faculty with designing flexible course materials for delivery utilizing new and emerging instructional technologies and strategies.
• Consult with and advise faculty in pedagogical issues and skills unique to non-traditional and alternative delivery of instruction.
• Maintain instructional design standards.
• Research and make recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
• Provide exceptional service throughout every customer interaction.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Oversee curriculum processes. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: develop plan(s) and budget for department; address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees, and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with additional college credits and three to five years of recent related occupational experience required. Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, or related field is preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills on curriculum and instructional design, and assessment preferred.
• Experience in Competency Based Environment (CBE) curriculum preferred.
• Experience teaching in higher education preferred.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Provide assistance to faculty members in their areas of responsibility.
• Other skills include strong and effective leadership in an educational setting; proven, effective use of decision-making and problem-solving and demonstrate effective performance as a member of a work team.
• Must be enthusiastic, personable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must exhibit excellent customer service attitude, professionalism, and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills, and ability to work well with others.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational and follow-through skills, resourcefulness and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to plan, manage projects, and organize and schedule priorities effectively to accomplish goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Recruitment Period – REVISED 09/30/2021
Beginning: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.