Job Title: Public Safety Administrative Assistant (Part-Time | 960 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Non-Exempt ~ $14.85 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Energy and Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College ~ Cleveland Campus
Employment & Work Schedule: 20 hours per week x 48 weeks
Wednesday and Thursday: 10:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am (Three Saturdays/month)
Provide administrative office support to the Public Safety division program areas of American Heart Association, Hazardous Materials, Motorcycle, Safety and other programs as assigned. Understand organizational core processes as they relate to department activities and college initiatives. Use college systems to obtain information for reports and in making decisions.
• Maintain the AHA Community Training Center course files, organize the retention of course outlines, complete registrations, evaluation, and problem resolutions.
• Maintain course records and issuance of OSHA certification cards issued for courses provided by LTC.
• Provide divisional support for programs that include Midwest Consortium of Hazardous Waste Worker training courses.
• Prepare necessary course documentation and materials.
• Perform bookkeeping/ accounting duties for revenue generated from American Heart Association certification cards issued for courses provided by LTC’s Community Training Center and prepare and submit quarterly financial reports to the Dean.
• Monitor, create, print, and distribute weekly classroom schedules.
• Provide clerical support for Public Safety Division, which includes word processing of documents, room schedules, calendar meetings and appointments, answer and respond to telephone inquiries, filing, faxing, emailing.
• Proctor tests where needed.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent with one and one-half to two years recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Ability to plan and set goals, meet deadlines, and function with limited supervision and guidance.
• Provide customer service and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations in a positive and proactive manner and maintain confidentiality of the college, students, staff and work assignments.
• Prioritize work assignments, manage multiple tasks, detail orientated, work under pressure, adapt quickly to changes in work environment, work independently and in a team environment, process work efficiently and in a timely manner while maintaining high quality work.
• Flexibility; including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
• Highly motivated with a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Keep abreast of and adapt to changes in educational software and technology.
• Initiate and be proactive in contacts with co-workers on work assignments and meet deadlines within the department and with other college departments.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, May 31, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, June 14, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.