Job Title: Student Records Specialist (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt – $16.66 per hour
Reports To: Assistant Registrar
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment & Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday-Friday
7:30am – 6:00pm (Hours vary based upon needs of the college)
Responsible for the coordination, maintenance, processing, and verification of accurate information related to all student records.
• Process student course audits, drops, adds, and transfers and perform necessary follow-up.
• Collaborate with division/department staff regarding changes to student schedules.
• Process course substitutions, advanced standing, course test-out and credit for prior learning.
• Serve as a resource for the fair and consistent interpretation and implementation of policies relative to Student Records (i.e., Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act-FERPA).
• Process transcript requests, information requests, reports, and surveys for outside agencies as allowed by campus policy.
• Review incoming transcripts and apply guidelines for transfer credit.
• Post transfer credits to student’s record via PeopleSoft.
• Maintain credit transfer database to include college, military, high school/dual credit and credit via articulated agreement.
• Assist in the development of a web-based credit transfer utility for staff and students.
• Communicate and follow up with potential graduates regarding graduation requirements and audit.
• Coordinate, maintain, and verify completion of program requirements of candidates for graduation.
• Work with other Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) schools in carrying out the shared program agreements for tasks related to grade reports/transcripts, information sharing, and graduation.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel are required. PeopleSoft software experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge and use of various printers.
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Present and conduct self in a professional, ethical and respectful manner.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Vacation On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed and submitted to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.