Job Title: Student Registration Customer Service Associate/Financial Aid Specialist
Salary Expectation: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $15.76 per hour
Reports To: Student Billing and Registration Manager | Financial Aid Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Monday – Thursday 9:45am – 6:15pm; Friday 8:30am – 3:45pm
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Represent one-stop concept to satisfy the majority of LTC students’ needs in the areas of financial aid, registration, and other duties that fall under student registration functions. Advise enrolled and prospective customers concerning available financial aid. Responsible for office communications and State Financial Aid programs. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions. Other duties as assigned.
• Register students; assist/troubleshoot throughout all the stages of the registration process (traditional and online) including communicating with divisions and departments as needed.
• Serve as the frontline contact to respond to students and connect them with information, resources, and specialized assistance.
• Cashier payments and perform end of day financial closing processes.
• Process payments for student and corporate accounts and verify account balances in accordance with Student Financials.
• Provide superior customer service to enrolled, prospective, and internal customers using a combination of technical and social skills, empathy, and the ability to fully engage and satisfy the customer.
• Schedule appointments using appointment guidelines and calendaring for Academic Advisors, Student Services managers, Accuplacer, and others as needed.
• Enter scholarships that come from private donors onto the scholarship update flyer. Disseminate scholarship information to appropriate divisions and websites. Collaborate with donors regarding operations as requested.
• Utilize appropriate software to set up, test, and produce communications. Assign and generate exit counseling communications to students who received student loan(s) and who are graduating, withdrawing, or do not return.
• Direct students to on-line forms, applications and scholarship information for the financial aid process. Access database systems to answer financial aid questions. Provide frontline financial aid customer service to internal and external customers. Assist students with completing various types of forms, applications, and documentations needed for the completion of the financial aid file. Advise and communicate to students the standards of academic progress requirements. Explain technical or complicated information concerning individual financial aid eligibility awards/in an informed and sensitive manner.
• Perform satisfactory academic progress appeals, including projected grade point averages and percentages of completion, and communicate results. Update financial aid file requirements as needed. Utilize appropriate software to design, test, and implement student financial aid online forms.
• Maintain accuracy and up-to-date information in the electronic student file using appropriate software and hardware. Scan, link, and import all applicable financial aid forms using multiple media such as paper, email, and NextGen software.
• Understand and apply all state and federal regulations pertaining to the application for and distribution of student financial aid. Assist financial aid manager as needed. Develop and implement procedures as needed. Participate in trainings and conferences as necessary to maintain current knowledge of latest regulations and guidance.
• Nominate, award, and track HEAB loans and grants for the Nursing, TIP, and Minority Retention Grant programs. Explain and communicate related district policies and procedures to federal and state agencies and/or other external sources.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent with one and one-half to two years recent related occupational experience required.
• Knowledge of LTC District and WTCS programs beneficial. Experience in higher education preferred.
• Working knowledge of educational software applications related to student data, record-keeping and reporting. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet-based software applications.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information is a must.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks under pressures of deadlines.
• Other required skills include exemplary customer service, attention to detail, telephone techniques, human relations, oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, typing, data entry, proofreading, and standard math computations.
• Function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity in a fast-paced environment; apply appropriate protocols; and work with high-volume demands.
• Ability to deal with customer concerns and frequent interruptions.
• Must not be in default or delinquent on student loans.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Recruitment Period – Revised/Reposted
Beginning: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=271