Job Title: Student Resources Assistant (Part-Time | 540 Annual Hours)
Reports To: Director of Student Resources
Salary Expectation: Support Staff Non-Exempt - $14.85 per hour
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 18 hours per week @ 30 weeks (Fall/Spring)
Monday and Thursday: 12pm-6pm, Friday: 8am-2pm
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Occasional travel to LTC Manitowoc/LTC Sheboygan
Provide general administrative support to the Director of Student Resources. Provide exceptional customer service and just-in-time support for Library Services located in the Student Resource Center. Serve as Test Proctor for Testing Services. Collaborate with other Student Resources team members and others to perform duties successfully.
• Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Student Resources, including but not limited to scheduling, data entry, grant reporting, and meeting preparation.
• Coordinate and execute event plans for events such as job fairs, student workshops, and the annual Awards Banquet.
• Serve as the first point of contact for customer service in the Career Placement Center.
• Monitor, process, and follow up on in-person and online inquiries and workflow including Wisconsin TechConnect, Career Placement Services, and other Student Resources services.
• Create, maintain, and update print and digital content related to Student Resources.
• Provide office organization in the Career Placement Center ensuring supplies and materials are stocked.
• Complete additional tasks or special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for excellent customer service to students, staff, and community members when providing services in the Student Resource Center (SRC).
• Perform operational tasks for Library Services, including checking items in and out, processing overdue and replacement fees; rectifying patron accounts, resetting student passwords, adding funds to student print accounts; assist with cataloging process, adding additional copies, labeling, shelving.
• Demonstrate how to retrieve library resources using electronic databases, online catalog, and the Internet.
• Support and create communication of library services to students, faculty, and staff through creation of promotional material including book displays, social media, interactive TV, handouts, and web content.
• Follow procedures including tidying up space, restocking paper and supplies, and locking up.
• Serve as Test Proctor for Testing Services, including Accuplacer and proctoring for approved courses.
• Troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate technical issues with testing platforms, computers, and facilities.
• Responsible for explaining and monitoring proper testing procedures, fee collection, interpretation and delivery of test results to students, and proper record keeping.
• Maintain confidentiality and follow procedures that adhere to the National College Testing Association.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent and one and one-half to two years recent related occupational experience required.
• Ability to work independently, effectively make decisions, and provide just-in-time problem-solving.
• Strong focus on customer service, excellent oral and written communication skills, and actively contribute to the Student Resources team.
• Must have ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to become approved as an Accuplacer test proctor.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
• While employed in this role, individual may not be enrolled in LTC coursework due to access to testing material.
Benefits: Professional Development
Beginning: Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=276