Acuity is hiring a Building Mechanical Specialist who assists with planning, coordinating, directing activities of self and contractors engaged in operating and maintaining corporate facilities, equipment and furniture.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine the need and extent of service and equipment required.
- Listens for unusual sounds from equipment to detect malfunction and discusses equipment operation variations with appropriate parties to diagnose problem and repair equipment.
- Ensures completion of PM on all equipment and systems. Replaces air and water filters per schedule. Maintains proper water treatment levels in open and closed loop systems. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of equipment.
- Helps oversee and direct service contractors engaged in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of all building systems, equipment, furniture, site lighting and signs. This work may occur off hours and includes caring for a full scale commercial kitchen.
- Helps oversee and update the building operation systems to maximize energy savings and comfort level.
- Performs quality audits on work completed by service contractors.
- Helps review and complete procedures and testing relative to the current corporate, regulatory and environmental requirements. Ensures maintenance personnel understand/implement necessary changes and complete work efficiently, safely, and in a code-compliant manner.
- Maintains system and procedure documentation/drawings, meeting minutes, audit records and other required documentation related to the facility. Prepares weekly report, which documents accomplishments, work in-progress, and tasks to be completed.
- Coordinates required furniture, data and power layouts and revisions.
- Helps communicate and enforce building use, safety, security and evacuation policies.
- Organizes and maintains mechanical and shop areas.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls regarding building operations
on a 24 X 7 basis.
- Helps to complete space set ups for various company and community events. Provides off hours support of events. Assists with quarterly and semi-annual gift distributions.
- Collaborates with others to anticipate and mitigate service interruptions and disasters. Helps prepare a detailed disaster recovery plan.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual Facilities budget and management of expenses. Sources, evaluates and recommends purchases of building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment and furniture.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School diploma. Post secondary education and/or licensing in one or more of the building trades helpful.
Experience directing service contractors. Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with commercial HVAC, electrical, digital control and fire suppression systems required.
- Strong organizational, teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management, maintenance personnel and service contractors.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong administrative/computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Near perfect attendance and schedule flexibility to meet the ongoing demands of a dynamic environment/facility.
- Ability to lift/move 75 pound objects.
- Valid driver license and ability to safely drive/maneuver a 30+ foot box truck.
- Reside within a 25 mile radius of the Acuity CHQ.
ACUITY PROVIDED EQUIPMENT:
- Personal computer
- Cell phone
- 12-foot step ladder
- Extension ladder
- 95-foot lift
- Pallet jacks
- Box truck
This position is classified as non-exempt.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.