Job Title: Journey-Level Maintenance Mechanic – HVAC Technician (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Support Non-Exempt – $26.03 per hour
Reports To: Campus Facilities Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 40 hours per week x 52 weeks | Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide a wide scope of maintenance operations including: repair of compressors, air handling, and air conditioning equipment, pumps, electrical systems, motors, belt drives, bearing maintenance and replacement, mechanical fasteners, valves, pipefitting, and ventilating equipment. This position is a journey-level HVAC Technician for daytime operations that requires performing skilled work at the journey-level in several building trade skills. Provide 5-Star Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
• Calibrate systems utilizing specialized test equipment. Diagnose and repair complex system malfunctions.
• Conduct preventive maintenance, installation and general servicing of Building Automation system, HVAC control systems, and facilities management systems.
• Make periodic inspections of buildings and grounds to diagnose potential problems and to take necessary action for the prevention of damage or interruption of service.
• Keep necessary maintenance records.
• Review work orders, read and interpret blueprints and specifications, estimate time, materials and cost requirements, requisition materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Participate in continuous process improvement activities.
• Support in-house construction and related repair.
• Ability to identify and specify parts and supplies needed for repairs.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot basic electrical and piping problems.
• Assist in the implementation of a preventative maintenance program and improving equipment reliability.
• Provide recommendations to physical plant staff for major repairs, renovation and new construction.
• Wash and clean air filters; pull cables, wires, conduit work and airlines.
• Complete other trade-related work such as pulling electrical wires; installing new plumbing and repairing old; threading pipe for insulation of airlines; test run and inspect emergency generator.
• Keep proper amount of chemicals in boiler hot water system, chilled water system, and cooling tower.
• Assist in new construction and building remodeling, i.e., remodeling of office/classrooms.
• Perform general and preventative maintenance and repair of existing buildings and equipment.
• Order and maintain inventory of supplies and set up rooms for conferences and special events.
• Complete snow removal tasks when necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalency and a Wisconsin Journey-Level HVAC Technician card issued by DWD-BAS plus three years’ work experience beyond the apprenticeship required.
• General knowledge of HVAC, electrical, construction, piping, hydraulics, and pneumatics required.
• Experience as a Hospital Maintenance Mechanic or Manufacturing Plant Maintenance Mechanic highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of state and national codes and the tools, methods, and standard practices of building trades essential.
• Use of considerable initiative and judgment in determining the nature of repairs needed.
• Organizing, planning, and time management skills; verbal communication skills; problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan, set goals, and follow through to completion.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required.
• A Motor Vehicle Record Review will be conducted upon hire.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Vacation On-Site Child Care Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, July 5, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.