RECREATION MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
COMMUNITY RECREATION DEPARTMENT
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license with a good driving record. Employment is contingent upon the District's insurance carrier approving insurability.
3. State of Wisconsin Pesticide Applicators Certificate for Turf and Landscape 3.0 or must obtain certification within one year of employment.
4. Two years’ experience in building maintenance or completion of related vocational or technical training.
5. Previous employment record of being reliable, dependable, and punctual.
6. Ability to use common hand and power tools.
7. Ability to work as a team member.
8. Ability to communicate with department staff and the community.
9. Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
10. Ability to work extended periods of time outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
11. Ability to lift 65-pound weight unassisted from the floor to waist height repetitively.
12. Ability to lift 40-pound weight overhead, unassisted and work in confined spaces or elevated positions (scaffold, extension ladders, etc.) in all types of weather for extended periods.
13. Ability to maintain and operate a tractor and other motorized equipment (lawnmowers, snowblowers).
14. Must be able to work at heights of approximately 30 feet when servicing scoreboards, nets, etc. Also work in confined spaces, elevated positions (scaffold, power lifts, ladders), and work outdoors in all seasons.
15. Must be mechanically inclined, with the ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on gas and diesel engines.
16. Ability to supervise and coordinate seasonal and part-time maintenance employees.
17. Ability to coordinate and complete a variety of projects simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
18. Recommended/not required: Experience in metal fabrication/welding light gauge mild steel.
This is a full-time position. The starting rate of pay for this position is $19.20 per hour.
Athletic Field Maintenance:
1. Mow, string trim, repair turf areas.
2. Sweep/groom/top-dress synthetic turf athletic fields.
3. Drag and chalk ball diamonds, install base pegs.
4. Mix athletic field paint, layout, and mark athletic fields.
5. Apply herbicide/pesticide for weed/pest control.
6. Aerate and top dress natural turf athletic fields.
7. Irrigate athletic fields with water reels.
8. Move soccer goals.
Maintenance Equipment Repairs:
1. Service/repair mower decks, water reels, other machinery.
2. Change oil/grease various equipment.
3. Repair/install nets for baseball, soccer, volleyball, and tennis.
4. Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems.
1. Pick up litter, empty trash, and recycling receptacles/dumpsters.
2. Trim trees/bushes.
3. Repair fencing and locks.
4. Snow removal.
1. Change HVAC filters
2. Clean floors/mats.
3. Strip/refinish floors.
4. Clean/disinfect restrooms.
5. Program timers for exterior lighting.
All other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation/Maintenance Foreman.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to:
https://wecan.waspa.org/Employer/Vacancy/PublicSupport/3479 to create an account and to submit your application materials.