SKYWARD INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
The Skyward Information Systems manager works collaboratively with District personnel to provide technical support and guidance to end-users of the systems. This position will manage user security account access, set up security groups, and manage access to the different areas of the system. This position will manage database components and processes according to established standards and procedures.
DESIRED TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year degree in a Technology related field or two-plus years related work experience.
- Work experience with Skyward Financial and/or Student systems helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps for Education.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and standards in system design and specification.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards.
- Strong team leadership/project management skills.
- Ability to conduct research and summarize data in presentation format.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions based on substantiated information and relay those decisions to affected parties.
This position will involve 8 hours per day, 12 months per year. The rate of pay will be between $45,000 and $65,000.
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Student Records User Group committee membership and meetings schedule.
- Develop and present training programs on the use of Skyward SIS/FIN software related technologies.
- Skyward SIS Project management:
- Setup and maintain On-Line Registration components and processes
- Setup and maintain New On-Line Enrollment procedures
- Setup and maintain grade-level Report Card templates
- Setup and maintain student Transcript templates
- Maintain and clone Scheduling setup from TY to NY
- Setup and maintain Address and School Path processes
- Process and import student birth list
- Manage student School Choice processes
- Manage student Open Enrollment processes
- Maintain and clone Fee Management setup from TY to NY.
- Setup and maintain Task Manager custom forms and processes
- Setup and maintain Fee Management processes and utilities
- Provide guidance and direction for setting up new areas of the Financial/HR systems.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide system management and operations support for District Skyward Student (SIS) and Skyward Financial/HR (FIN) administrative computer systems.
- Analyze software technical standards/requirements for District administrative software systems.
- Provide documentation, training, and technical support on District administrative software.
- Setup and maintain user accounts and set appropriate system security levels.
- Manage daily operations of administrative software services.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for software user support calls.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of system administration techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by the administrator.