Excellent opportunity to learn weatherization and home improvement skills while making a difference in the community.
Benefits of working for Partners include:
- 4 Day work-week, Mondays - Thursdays
- Paid weekly.
- Competitive pay – earn between $17.06 and $24.58 per hour.
- Advancement opportunities – we promote from within the agency.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Safety shoe reimbursement. Uniform allowance.
The Weatherization Technician performs duties that relate to rehabilitation and weatherization of customers’ homes. These duties include, but are not limited to, insulation of attics, insulation of sidewalls and floors, installation of vents, weather-stripping and other weatherization, home repair and energy measures as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Develop and use skills in home improvement, rehabilitation, weatherization and energy saving techniques.
- Safely and adequately operate tools and equipment utilized in the performance of tasks.
- Assist in loading and unloading of department vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance and inventory control of equipment, tools and material.
- Responsible for satisfactory completion of assigned work.
- Attendance and participation in work related training and seminars as directed by supervisor.
- Respect customers’ property and personal matters. Maintain confidentiality of clients’ personal information.
- Foster relationships with peers, and supervisors to ensure a positive work environment and professional relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Working Under an Affirmative Action Plan
HOW TO APPLY
- Willing to learn the operation of blower door, pressure diagnostic, detector gauge, carbon monoxide digital analyzer and tester, furnace analyzer and tester and other equipment required for the job.
- Knowledge of home improvement, carpentry, and/or weatherization/insulation techniques is helpful.
- Ability and willingness to learn to read and decipher work orders and conduct basic math related to construction and material estimation.
- Ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in demanding environments and extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to use ladders and work at heights of up to four (4) stories.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in confined spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license, auto insurance, and a good driving record.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com