Job Title: Customer Service Associate, Evenings – LTC Manitowoc (Part-Time | 600 Annual Hours)
Salary: Support Staff - $13.36 per hour
Reports To: General Advisor (LTC Manitowoc)
Location: LTC Manitowoc – 600 York Street, Manitowoc, WI
Employment & Work Schedule: 12 hours per week x 50 weeks
Monday – Thursday 3:45pm-6:45pm
Assist current and potential students, clients and employees of partner agencies, and the general public with information about Lakeshore Technical College's courses and programs as well as helping them to obtain services. Assist with student record activities for English Language Learner (ELL), Center Support Services (CSS), and Adult Basic Education (ABE). Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain and process information and materials related to student records in ELL and Center Support Services.
• Schedule students for GED Orientation and CSS classes.
• Refer and schedule students needing career, personal, or academic counseling services to the General Advisor.
• Greet customers, answer telephones, take and relay messages, and schedule appointments, meetings, and rooms.
• Prepare, copy, type, and/or distribute mail, memos, etc.
• Provide back-up coverage in the absence of the full-time Office Lead.
• Serve as a liaison to Computer/Media services and the Help Desk to troubleshoot problems in computer lab and ITV classroom.
• Provide administrative support to LTC instructors and staff as needed.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and one year technical diploma or equivalent with one to one and one-half years of recent related occupational experience required.
• Required skills include; customer service, telephone systems, human relations, typing, data entry, and word processing skills.
• Ability to utilize software such as MS Word/Excel and PeopleSoft.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, January 3, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.