Visitor Services Associate to greet all visitors, and direct incoming calls. Responsibilities include providing general information, handling a multiline telephone system, administrative tasks, security-related duties, and sales of Arts Center offerings, which include performances, classes, and workshops, using an integrated database system. Visitor Services Associate must be able to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Arts Center’s exhibitions, performances, classes, special events, retail shop, and café. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
This is a full-time position that includes Thursday evenings until 8:00 pm, weekend hours, and some holidays. Approximately 30-40 hours per week. Hours may vary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Acts as a positive influence on others; is passionate about the Arts Center, internally and externally. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Create an exceptional experience for guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a variety of different situations
- Work expediently to ensure that patrons are served in a timely manner
- Provide event and general theatre information
- Sell tickets, classes, membership and more at the desk utilizing database software, accept payments, process transactions, make correct change
- Answer telephone in a professional manner
- Keep office area clean and clutter free
- Responsible for cash balance at the end of shift
- Follow all procedures for operations
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work hours may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Provide detailed information about John Michael Kohler Arts Center, other sites, and surrounding areas; including driving directions, parking and public transportation
- Ensure Members and Visitors are provided an exceptional and memorable experience
- Maintain a WI bartenders license
- Other duties as assigned
- Administrative experience, preferably 2-3 years in a box office or administrative support.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in a team environment.
- Organized and detail oriented with superb time management skills
- Pro-active self-starter who exhibits initiative and leadership
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Versai,
- Ability to work varied hours including holidays, evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Accurate data entry with attention to detail
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures, and directions
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to learn ticketing software
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with John Michael Kohler Arts Center guests, employees, and outside contractors
- Ability to deal with challenging and/or upset patrons in tense situations
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgement
- Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual a plus
Send cover letter, résumé, and professional references to:
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Human Resources Manager
608 New York Avenue,
Sheboygan, WI 53081
Or email: HR@jmkac.org
- Standing or walking for more than 4 hours/day
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for duration of scheduled shift.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, handle weight
up to 25lbs.
- Maintain professional and business-like demeanor and appearance
- Flexibility in schedule, some holiday, evening and weekend hours
may be required