Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $15.00 per hour (minimum)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Student Billing and Customer Service Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Days/Evenings
The Customer Service Associate possesses a breadth of knowledge that provides the foundation to satisfy the majority of LTC students’ needs in the areas of admissions, financial aid, registration, records, student accounts, and other duties that fall under Student Success functions, either in person or over the phone. The associate is sensitive to cultural diversity and can communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Represent one-stop concept for prospective and current students, LTC staff, and the public.
(90%) Customer Contact/Student-Centered Operations
- Provide superior customer service to enrolled, prospective, and internal customers using a combination of technical and social skills, empathy, and the ability to fully engage and satisfy the customer.
- Access database system to answer financial aid inquiries.
- Work cooperatively in each functional area and refer students as needed.
- Serve as the frontline contact for students and connect them with information, resources, and specialized assistance.
- Using a pleasant, polite, and courteous tone, answer the phone in an expedient manner.
- Make direct calls to the appropriate destinations.
- Process payments over the phone via debit cards, Visa, or MasterCard. Cash handling responsibilities as needed.
- Provide callers with information regarding registration hours, openings, and dates and times classes are offered.
- Troubleshoot and assist students with online registrations.
- Provide financial aid and records information to students as part of the holistic approach to student success.
- Evening/Saturday CSAs also act as the switchboard by directing calls, assisting other LTC locations with trouble shooting and problem solving, placing long distance calls for instructors, assisting with emergency calls, and announcing severe weather statements on campus.
- Data entry in database system-Peoplesoft, Navigate, Salesforce (CRM)
- Assist students with technology challenges such as MyLTC login, FASFA application, Touchnet login
- Organize, establish and maintain electronic databases and paper filing systems.
- Register students; assist/troubleshoot throughout all the stages of the registration process (traditional and online) including communicating with divisions and departments as needed.
- Stay current with class/seminar changes.
- Enter of student demographics and mandated client reporting.
- Process payments for student and corporate accounts and verify account balances in accordance with Student Financials.
- Collect and process non-course fee payments for applications, club deposits, Phi Theta Kappa fees, auto servicing and auto body sales, equipment sales, test out fees, advanced standing fees, etc.
- Perform end-of-day closeout procedures.
- Enter students on to payment plans.
- Remove service indicators for fee/tuition when a student pays in full (contact/call students prior to dropping them for nonpayment).
- Refer students for official and unofficial transcript requests.
- Collect student record information from customers as needed.
- Keep PeopleSoft customer address database updated, and process returned mail.
- Collect accurate and complete information on course add/drop/swap forms.
- Schedule appointments using appointment guidelines and calendaring for Academic Advisors, Program Counselors, Student Services managers, Accuplacer, and others as needed.
- Inform and direct enrolled and prospective customers as needed.
- Manage student ID and student badge system for all LTC locations.
- Create student/staff picture ID’s, assign student lockers, sell tickets, coordinate sign-up for student activity and promotional events, serve as pick-up and drop-off area for clubs and bookstore, retain lost and found, battery charger, sort return mail, etc.
- Log customer complaints as needed.
- Process enrollment and Student Services paperwork as assigned.
- Attend ongoing training activities.
- Stay current with program changes.
- Assist in mailing preparations and filing and participate in on-campus recruitment/student activities.
- Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
- High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two-year technical diploma or equivalent and one and one-half to two years’ recent related occupational experience required.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Benefits: (Full-Time positions only)
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID).
||Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
||Flexible Spending Program
|Long Term Disability
||On-Site Child Care
|Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Monday, June 28, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, July 15th, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.