Job Title: Student Customer Service Associate (Part-Time | 1144 Annual Hours)
Salary: Support Staff ~ $14.85 per hour
Reports To: Student Billing and Registration Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Monday 10:00am-6:15pm | Tuesday – Friday (hours vary)
Additional flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college, including peak registration times and vacation coverage
The Customer Service Associate possesses a breadth of knowledge that provides the foundation to satisfy the majority of LTC students’ needs in the areas of admissions, financial aid, registration, records, student accounts, and other duties that fall under Student Services functions, either in person or over the phone. Represent one-stop concept for prospective and current students, LTC staff, and the public. Other duties as assigned.
• Register students; assist/troubleshoot throughout all the stages of the registration process (traditional and online) including communicating with divisions and departments as needed.
• Serve as the frontline contact to respond to students and connect them with information, resources, and specialized assistance.
• Process payments for student and corporate accounts and verify account balances in accordance with Student Financials.
• Provide superior customer service to enrolled, prospective, and internal customers using a combination of technical and social skills, empathy, and the ability to fully engage and satisfy the customer.
• Schedule appointments using appointment guidelines and calendaring for Academic Advisors, Student Services managers, Accuplacer, and others as needed.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or two year technical diploma or equivalent and one and one-half to two years recent related occupational experience.
• Knowledge of LTC District and WTCS programs beneficial.
• Knowledge and use of PeopleSoft software desired.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks under pressures of deadlines.
• Function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity in a fast-paced environment; apply appropriate protocols; and work with high-volume demands.
• Other required skills include exemplary customer service, attention to detail, telephone techniques, human relations, oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, typing, data entry, proofreading, and standard math computations.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, June 28, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, July 8, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.