Job Title: StudentSHARE/Food Security Coordinator
(IREPO) Institutional Resilience and Expanded Postsecondary Opportunity
Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through August 1, 2023
Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $21.53 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Executive Director of Program Counseling and Student Resources
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Develop and coordinate activities under the Institutional Resilience and Expanded Postsecondary Opportunity (IREPO) Grant to expand the college’s StudentSHARE Program to help meet basic needs for students with a focus on food insecurity and nutrition gaps. Lead a student and student-parent advisory board in informing basic need support systems. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including community-based organizations, to create a sustainable program. Design and execute events and activities that serve students and student-parents. Document findings, procedures, and results.
Program Development and Partnership-Building
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the grant activities and outcomes.
• Collaborate with and outreach to key stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and community organizations, to fulfill the grant activities and outcomes.
• Work closely with the existing StudentSHARE program and staff to create a short term and long-term cohesive, sustaining program plan and budget.
• Create, recruit, and facilitate the student and student-parent advisory board, where meetings can be conducted virtually or in-person.
o Help create a new vision with the advisory board to expand the college’s StudentSHARE program.
• Conduct research and obtain feedback as needed to support priorities and focus areas.
• Design, coordinate, and facilitate developmental and enrichment activities that increase student knowledge in nutrition and financial literacy.
• Maintain a sound understanding of, and familiarity with, community demographics, key partners and stakeholders such as local health and human services, and county health and nutrition initiatives.
• Conduct research, obtain feedback, and actively seek better understanding of community health and nutrition issues, public health approaches in order to integrate this knowledge into programmatic efforts identified as focus areas.
• Develop and implement communication strategies to promote the StudentSHARE program, grant activities, and successes.
Administrative, Documentation, and Reporting
• Track and document meetings, decisions, participation, and processes that are vital to the success of the StudentSHARE expansion.
• Complete and submit grant reports in a timely manner to monitor activity and budget status.
• Create survey and assessment tools and summarize results from activities and the program.
• Document research and best practice findings used to enhance or expand the program.
• Collaborate with the Marketing department to create digital materials, such as brochures, webpage, posters, social media messages, to promote participation, the program, and its activities.
• Work with StudentSHARE staff to inventory, organize, sort, and distribute StudentSHARE items.
• Serve as a member of the Emergency Fund Request Team to review and award emergency grants to students.
• Maintain regular communication with supervisor and other key stakeholders and respond to any questions or feedback in a timely manner.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience.
• Ability to work independently, effectively make decisions, and provide just-in-time problem-solving.
• Strong focus on customer service, excellent oral and written communication skills, and actively contribute to the Student Resources team.
• Must be dependable, timely, and deadline-driven.
• Must have ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required. or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the LTC online application system, click HERE to login or to create a new account login to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.