Job Title: ABE/ASE/ELL Instructional Assistant, Evenings (Part-Time | 696 Annual Hours)
Employment Classification: Support Staff Non Exempt ~ $16.66 per hour
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Location: LTC Manitowoc – 600 York Street, Manitowoc, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 16 hours x 36 weeks – School Year (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-8:00pm)
12 hours x 10 weeks – Summer hours will vary
Provide instructional assistance to students in the Skills Lab. Maintain, monitor, and oversee the Skills Lab and computer lab stations. Assist with clerical duties involved in the learning process. Provide program support.
• Provide instructional assistance through individual tutoring in basic subject areas including review and remediation courses.
• Orientate students to facility and distribute appropriate instructional lab materials.
• Assist students in accessing computer programs. Maintain computer software and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Distribute and monitor alternative delivery tests and forward completed tests to appropriate instructor.
• Maintain communication between students and LTC staff.
• Provide information to prospective and returning students related to program requirements, lab schedule, and class offerings.
• Administer and explain paperwork to returning students and assist them with the completion.
• Recruit and schedule students for appropriate classes, Accuplacer exams, GED/HSED tests, return appointments, Orientation sessions, and appointments with on-site general advisor.
• Maintain return appointment and Accuplacer calendars.
• Troubleshoot technical problems related to video conference courses.
• Provide information to potential students to initiate participation in Orientation; refer students to appropriate student services staff and/or support agencies; participate in retention and recruitment activities.
• Enter and maintain daily attendance. Enter enrollment and grades on the computer.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Follow Testing Services procedures prior to GED/HSED testing.
• Create and maintain documents, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and lists.
• Participate as a member of the team by attending meetings, training activities, and professional development activities.
• Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent and two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse populations is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Friday, August 16, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, August 30, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.