Job Title: ABE/ASE Instructor (Full-Time)
Locations: Manitowoc County Jail, Sheboygan County Jail, LTC-Manitowoc, LTC-Sheboygan
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July-June
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Provide instruction for students studying Adult Basic Education (ABE)/Adult Secondary Education (ASE) managing widely differing student learning styles, academic levels, and multiple subject areas.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Faculty in this position work with students from a variety of backgrounds in multiple locations, some of which are an incarcerated setting. Faculty work with students to identify academic needs and begin where students are presently, scaffolding each individual student to a skill level required for course success and/or high school credential obtainment. Multiple forms of teaching strategies, content areas, and assessment are used. Must have a solid understanding of how basic skills are utilized in college-level courses and may, at times, participate in team-teaching with General Education and Program instructors. Faculty are also responsible to:
• Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
• Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees.
• Work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies, employing formative and summative strategies.
• Adhere to grant objectives and state-aligned curriculum and guidance.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education or related, applicable subject required.
• Experience with Incarcerated Adult Education preferred.
• DPI Certification and/or adult-level teaching experience preferred.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software preferred.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as video conference or online preferred.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays
Beginning: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Thursday, May 16, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=286