Job Title: ABE/GED/HSED Instructional Assistant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Salary Expectation: Support Staff Non-Exempt ~ $16.66 per hour
Location: Sheboygan County Detention Center ~ Sheboygan, WI
Employment & Work Schedule: 8 hours per week x 50 weeks (400 annual hours)
Typical schedule Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons
Flexible hours based upon needs of the College
Provide instructional assistance to students in the Sheboygan County Detention Center and conduct individual interviews, testing, and group orientations to enroll students in ABE/GED/HSED classes and services. Provide program support.
• Monitor, maintain, and oversee the classroom materials and computer lab stations.
• Provide instructional assistance through individual tutoring in the basic subject areas.
• Orientate students to ABE/GED/HSED programs and distribute appropriate instructional lab materials.
• Assist students in accessing computer programs used as a learning tool. Install and maintain computer software and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Maintain communication between inmates/students, LTC instructors, and Correctional Staff.
• Conduct orientation/registration sessions.
• Provide information to students related to the program, its requirements, current schedule, and current offerings.
• Administer and explain student record documentation (registrations, demographics, student conduct code, PEP) to students and assist them with the completion.
• Administer, score, and record initial assessment.
• Facilitate the development of educational and employment goals.
• Develop files to maintain student data.
• Assist current students to reach their academic and/or employment goals through instructional assistance, encouragement, and motivation.
• Maintain daily attendance. Communicate enrollments, attendance, and grades to data entry staff.
• Assist with maintaining records, files, and reports.
• Assist with the HSED/GED graduation process.
• Participate as a member of the team by attending appropriate and approved meetings, training activities, and professional development activities.
• Follow policies, procedures, and mechanisms to ensure integrity and security of academic records.
• Promote a positive image of LTC both internally and externally.
• Maintain adequate supplies of materials in the classroom. Assist with set up for on-site GED/HSED testing.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years recent related occupational experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse populations is preferred.
• Ability to communicate and understand non-English speaking people.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Written and oral communications; positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Benefits: Professional Development
Beginning: Monday, March 18, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=272