Job Title: Academic Advisor (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Management Exempt – Salary will commensurate based on education and experience
Reports To: Enrollment Services Manager/Registrar
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule: 52-week management contract
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The Academic Advisor is responsible for helping students reach their educational goal by providing program scheduling, registration and academic advising. The advisor also assists students through a portion of the initial enrollment process by ensuring that program checklist items have been completed prior to class registration. The two major areas of focus are helping students move from admitted to registration and program students to graduation. Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of assigned academic programs.
• Advise current students regarding programs of study, program qualifications, course content, course selection, prerequisites, recommended credit load, advanced standing process, registration, admissions and graduation.
• Advise students regarding transferability of courses to and from Lakeshore Technical College.
• Support students with the Financial Aid process.
• Use technology to provide information to students regarding occupational training programs and the admissions process, program requirements, and other LTC services.
• Complete activity reports for retention, tracking and accountability purposes.
• Assist in the development and delivery of orientation and recruitment programs and materials, which foster student enrollment and success.
• Attend program advisory meetings to stay informed about program and industry changes.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to student success required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred. Two to four years of recent related occupational experience in academic advising, career services, or employment resources required, three to five years of related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools and financial aid processes.
• Must have highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think independently and make decisions with the scope of the role with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and succeed in a fast paced, metric driven position.
• Must be able to plan and set goals and motivate.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Tuition Reimbursement
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Vacation On-Site Child Care Center
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, August 8, 2019
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration,
application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, August 19, 2019.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.