Job Title: Academic Advisor
Salary Expectation: Management Exempt –Salary $58,517 (Minimum Annual Salary)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Director of Advising and Retention
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for helping students reach their educational goal by providing program scheduling, registration, career and academic advising. The two major areas of focus are helping students move from admitted to registration and program students to graduation.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of assigned academic programs.
• Advise current students regarding programs of study, program qualifications, course content, course selection, prerequisites, recommended credit load, advanced standing process, registration, admissions and graduation.
• Advise students regarding transferability of courses to and from Lakeshore Technical College.
• Support students with the Financial Aid process.
• Use technology to provide information to students regarding occupational training programs and the admissions process, program requirements, and other LTC services.
• Assist in the development and delivery of orientation and recruitment programs and materials.
• Attend program advisory meetings to stay informed about program and industry changes.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Carryout managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws to include: address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; be active in the college by serving on committees; and teach classes, as requested, based on course-identified qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to student success required. Master’s degree in related field is preferred. Two to four years of recent related occupational experience in academic advising, career services, or employment resources required, three to five years of related experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of college enrollment management tools and financial aid processes.
• Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think independently and make decisions with the scope of the role with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change and succeed in a fast paced, metric driven position.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.