Salary Expectation: Management Exempt ~ $58,517 - $62,268
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience)
Reports To: Director of Advising and Retention
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: 52 weeks – Year round management employment agreement
Monday through Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
The Academic Advisor/Accommodation Services Team Lead is an active partner with students, faculty and staff in creating an accessible learning environment where students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of LTC programs, services, and activities. Provide leadership to appropriate staff, faculty, and departmental stakeholders in direction and vision of implementing a comprehensive array of student learning initiatives designed to support students with accommodation needs. Provide program scheduling, registration and academic advising. Assist students through a portion of the initial enrollment process by ensuring that program checklist items have been completed prior to class registration.
• Develop the vision and direction for Accommodation Services.
• Develop and monitor progress of action plan items consistent with the goals and objectives of the department and that support student success which includes the training of advisors and faculty in having a comprehensive understanding of Accommodation Services.
• Develop workshops and facilitate workshops that educate students on test taking strategies, study skills, comprehension skills, time management and other skills that support student success.
• Provide direction for the development and implementation of a comprehensive array of student learning initiatives designed to build community, promote civic engagement, support community awareness, and enhance development for those students who have disabilities.
• Maintain and ensure compliance of applicable federal, state and local laws including but not limited to ADA, Section 504e, and Section 508 of Rehabilitation Act with a proactive approach within academic programming and facilities at LTC.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of assigned academic programs.
• Advise current students regarding programs of study, program qualifications, course content, course selection, prerequisites, recommended credit load, advanced standing process, registration, admissions and graduation.
• Advise students regarding transferability of courses to and from LTC.
• Support students with the Financial Aid process.
• Use technology to provide information to students regarding occupational training programs and the admissions process, program requirements, and other LTC services.
• Complete activity reports for retention, tracking and accountability purposes.
• Assist in the development and delivery of orientation and recruitment programs and materials, which foster student enrollment and success.
• Attend program advisory meetings to stay informed about program and industry changes.
• Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Accommodation Services and Onboarding, Student Development. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include: administer and develop annual plan(s) and budget for department; address issues in an effective and timely manner; be an active advocate for LTC in the community; and be active in the college by serving on committees.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with three to five years recent related occupational experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the nature, dynamics, and issues of special populations.
• Demonstrated skills in communications and human relations with populations having diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
• Ability to understand and support teacher-student relationships.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with all levels of internal staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition(s) of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Monday, September 28, 2020.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.