Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt – $21.31 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Executive Director of Admissions and High School Relations
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
This position is one of several that provides primary contact for prospective students throughout the LTC admissions process. Responsible for building relationships and maintaining contact with inquiry and applicant pools and transitioning prospective students from inquiry to admit. Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
• Cultivate student prospects through web inquiries, incoming phone calls, outreach and referrals.
• Follow-up with prospective students and guide them to identify their educational goals.
• Provide personalized service and referrals for campus resources to prospective students.
• Host campus visits for prospective students, including walk-in appointments.
• Perform outreach-recruiting activities as assigned, including off-campus recruiting opportunities.
• Participate in LTC events for prospective students including some required evenings and weekends.
• Participate in educational fairs and related special events representing the college and its programs.
• Represent LTC at and actively recruit from area high schools.
• Facilitate the application, selection and registration of high school students into various types of dual credit opportunities.
• Actively encourage and assist students with LTC support services to best support their transition to LTC.
• Build and maintain relationships with LTC stakeholders such as area high schools, community organizations, and businesses to advocate for and promote LTC programs, courses, and services.
• Support and guide prospective students through LTC’s career assessment and development activities to assist students in identifying career goals.
• Actively recruit and develop contacts and referral networks with targeted organizations, including coordination and scheduling of on-site recruitment opportunities.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of academic programs.
• Guide new students regarding admissions requirements.
• Assist in the development and delivery of recruitment programs, materials, and new student orientation.
• Attend program advisory meetings to stay informed about program and industry changes.
• Qualify leads and forward them for data entry.
• Track prospective students to identify their needs throughout the recruitment process and monitor progression of assigned students through the admission funnel.
• On an ongoing basis, monitor viability of cold inquiries and leads for continual term cleanup.
• Contribute ideas that support the college’s communication plan and recruitment goals.
• Participate in weekly team and monthly recruitment meetings and provide input towards the development and implementation of new services and processes in response to student needs and trends.
• Keep the Admissions team informed of processes, obstacles or concerns that impact performance.
• Provide support to the Admissions team as needed.
• Provide support for grant initiatives as required.
• Provide evening support in the Admissions office when needed.
• Participate in approved staff training and development opportunities. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with two to three years recent related work experience in higher education recruitment, enrollment, or sales and marketing; or equivalent. Certified career development facilitator a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of the scope and nature of programs and courses offered by the college and an understanding of the local community.
• Extensive knowledge of careers, opportunities post-completion, and outcomes for all programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying them in a promotional setting.
• Experience promoting a product or service preferred.
• Experience in sales, sales management and/or marketing, ideally in higher education or service industry.
• Demonstrated communication and human relations skills with community populations having diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Demonstrated ability to display a positive, customer focus with students and groups, and to work effectively in teams and form positive working relationships with staff.
• Ability to plan, organize and schedule priorities effectively.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and limited weekends.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license is required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the positions are filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, January 8, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.