Salary Expectation: Non-Exempt – $16.66 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Executive Director of Admissions and High School Relations
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule:
38.75 hours per week x 52 weeks
Monday – Friday
Flexible hours based upon needs of the college
Maximize effectiveness of Admissions team by providing structured support of vital office functions, including phone/email coverage and appointment scheduling Communicate and interact with staff, faculty, high school faculty, counselors, principals, and the general public. Use college systems to obtain information for reports and in making decisions. Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout all interactions.
• Answer main Admissions phone and provide immediate customer service in collaboration with Admissions staff.
• Schedule appointments for Admissions Advisors.
• Provide consistent office coverage and customer service to appointment arrivals and walk-in customers.
• Respond to and forward Admissions inbox emails.
• Respond to incoming chats and inquiries, as received through the LTC website, digital ads, etc.
• Coordinate and process high school contracts, articulation and service agreements using Adobe Sign, and other software.
• Assist in updating Admissions webpages andSharePoint pages.
• Develop agendas, memos, letters, prepare documents, take minutes and send meeting correspondence.
• Process student schedules and transcript requests from high schools.
• Assist with creation of dual credit courses, student registration, grade/demo reporting, orientation, schedule changes, drops, withdrawals, and YA grading conferences.
• Assist with event planning to include room reservations, catering orders, communication requests, event signage/materials, etc.
• Update high school contact lists and student/employer/high school database.
• Monitor materials inventory.
• Maintain all dual credit program files according to standards and retention policies.
• Compile various types of data and organize in spreadsheets, Word documents, and other systems.
• Coordinate tours for prospective students and assist with recruitment evenets.
• Provide project support as needed.
• Participate in weekly team and monthly Admissions meetings and provide input towards the development and implementation of new services and processes in response to student needs and trends.
• Keep the Admissions team informed of processes or obstacles that impact performance.
• Special projects when needed including, but not limited to, enrollment management, Customer Relationships Management (CRM), process maps, and procedure manuals. Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and related associate degree or equivalent with two to three years’ recent related occupational experience required.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain knowledge base of administrative systems software.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, positive customer service and human relations, self-initiating and assertive, ability to multi task, organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently, shift priorities quickly and work with flexibility.
• Ability to interpret strategies and implement procedures to achieve goals.
• Must be able to handle constant interruptions.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Vision Insurance Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Life Insurance Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the positions are filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, January 8, 2021.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.