Day/Evening teaching assignments
Flexible hours based upon the needs of the college
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Lakeshore Technical College - Manitowoc, Wisconsin and Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Provide instruction to Adult Education students, using varying methods of instruction to fit the needs of individuals and groups. Areas taught are English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math, digital literacy, and other basic education skills. Facilitate learning using a defined curriculum. Assess student performance and outcomes. Develop and maintain current course materials working as a team with other Adult Education instructors. Provide direction to instructional assistants for tutorial and/or small group work.
• Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members.
• Courses offered both day and evening in face-to-face, online, virtual, and blended formats, both synchronously and asynchronously.
• Team teaching with occupational instructors to provide wrap-around instructional support.
• Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned.
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Examples include Secondary Education, or a related degree with credits or training in the
program content areas.
• Minimum of two years teaching experience with adults in an educational setting
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Adult classroom teaching experience preferred.
• Fluency with computer assisted instruction and software, including MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods, such as virtual instruction or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse
cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluency in more than one language is beneficial.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Date Updated: 12/23/2021
Type of Position: Part Time Position