Job Title: Adult Education for the Incarcerated Adjunct Faculty
Salary Expectation: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule - $35.00 per hour (minimum)
Reports To: Dean of General Studies
Location: Manitowoc County Jail and/or Sheboygan County Detention Center
Employment and Work Schedule:
Up to 594 hours over a 40-week period
Flexible day/evening hours based upon the needs of the college
To deliver adult education to incarcerated individuals, including GED/HSED instruction, and support the goals of high school credential completion, transition into post-secondary education, and/or to employment, as well as supported re-entry into the community. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
• Provide multi-content adult secondary (high school) education to incarcerated individuals using innovative instructional strategies and methods appropriate to adults, including solo and team-teaching situations. Assist in the selection of learning materials and courses. Content includes secondary level mathematics, science, social studies, English, and civics education.
• Facilitate career awareness, employability skills training to prepare students to obtain, retain, or upgrade employment. Work in conjunction with LTC general advisor to support student goal-setting and transition to further education/training.
• Administer diagnostic tests and secure pertinent data for grant reporting and required documentation.
• Work in partnership with facility staff, LTC staff, and faculty team to ensure connection between students and needed supportive services.
• Pursue a student-first attitude and be mindful of diversity, equity, and inclusion within each instructional session.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, preferably secondary education, or a related field.
• Experience in working with incarcerated individuals or alternative education programs preferred.
• Organizational, planning, and time management skills; verbal and written, communication skills; analytical skills and abilities; computer technology skills and abilities; problem solving and decision-making skills; ability to plan and set goals and follow through to completion; ability to work without direct supervision; and maintain confidentiality.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the program.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the Manitowoc County Jail and/or Sheboygan County Detention Center.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Beginning: Thursday, February 25, 2021
Closing: Until position(s) are filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.