Job Title: Associate Degree Nursing Program Instructor (Full-Time)
Salary Expectation: Annual Salary $62,700 - $68,989
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.)
Reports To: Associate Dean of Nursing
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, Wisconsin
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates: July 1-June 30 (Year Round)
New Professional Staff Orientation
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
Provide instruction to students in the Associate Degree Nursing Program at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various locations in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide Five Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Faculty in this role are required to maintain proficiency using equipment common to the clinical setting, including handheld technology, and to align industry specific software to program courses including integrating Electronic Health Record applications.
• Assist in the maintenance of program accreditation.
• Create effective relationships with acute and long-term care partners for the purpose of establishing long term clinical sites.
• Ensure the safety of students in potentially hazardous work environments through safe working practices and proper use of equipment.
• Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
• Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees.
• Participate in college outreach activities
• Work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
• A Master’s Degree in Nursing OR a BSN and enrolled in, and actively pursuing, completion of an MSN.
• Must meet requirements of appropriate accrediting agencies, have or be able to obtain Wisconsin Nursing licensure, and be certifiable by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing.
• Applicant must have a minimum of two years (4000 hours) of experience specific to program needs at the time of hire (recent experience preferred).
• Teaching experience, preferably in nursing.
• Ability to work non-standard hours including mornings, evening, and weekend hours.
• Two years teaching experience desirable.
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourages success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff in developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the college.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment
• Employment is conditional on compliance with state statute regarding the completion of a Caregiver Background Information Disclosure and the results acceptable to the clinical agencies accessed in the curriculum.
• Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Flexible Spending Program
Vision Insurance Professional Development On-Site Child Care Center
Long Term Disability Tuition Reimbursement Wellness/Fitness Center
Life Insurance Holidays
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Thursday, September 17, 2020
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’, and click on ‘Goto my profile’ located in the upper right corner of the page to access or create a new account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.